Standard catalog products are limiting the potential of your product, and we understand that not all applications are the same. Partnering with Amerline’s experienced product development team is a proven strategy yielding successful results from prototypes to high volume production. We will tailor our solution to your application and budget.
Amerline Custom Design Case Studies
Creepage & Clearance
A leading Welding Equipment OEM was unable to complete a new product launch due to their selected connectors failure to meet creepage and clearance standards.
Amerline tooled up and delivered in two weeks a custom reverse bayonet connector in the same series as the original supplier, but in a previously unavailable larger shell size that allowed for the requirements to be met. The OEM was able to get UL approval and the new Sub-Arc product launch was successful. The engineer decided to spec AEC 95234 for all the reverse bayonet connectors used in the project and Amerline developed a stocking program that ensured all deadlines were met.
- Amerline assists designers requiring UL and CE 61800-5-1 specs by customizing AEC connectors
- Material grade, working voltage, and pollution degree are taken into account as part of your Creepage and Clearance solution
- Rapid turnaround meets your deadlines are met
PC Board Contacts
A leading industrial equipment manufacturer had created filter boards to match their current reverse bayonet connector supplier’s layout. As product launch approached, the incumbent supplier missed critical product validation dates.
Amerline was called in to produce connectors with custom dimension PC tail contacts. An exact equivalent was required which meant the OEM did not need to make any changes to their product design. Amerline ensured exact flange hole spacing and matched critical dimensions to ensure the PC contact arrangement in relation to the center of the connectors. This ensured perfect alignment with the products filter board layout. The PC contact extension off the back surface of the shell was customized to work with the customer’s PC board.
- Customized to perfectly fit into your PCB layout, no need to work with the limitations of standard connectors
- Contact us and we will assist you through the design phase
- We are experts in in manufacturing a wide variety of electrical contacts
Special Insert Arrangement w/ Rectangular Mounting Flange
A leading company in the design and manufacture of heavy-duty brushless alternators required a connector with a custom mounting flange. The regulator extension harness application was such that a standard square mounting flange of an inline receptacle would not fit the existing enclosure configuration.
Amerline machined a custom rectangular flange to our customers specifications. In addition, we removed a chamfer and moved the lip to the exact required position to prevent the shrink sleeving used in the application from slipping off. This resulted in a new connector family that gives the company’s engineers the freedom to design without those prior limitations.
- Amerline can quickly design, customize or adapt a product to meet a customer’s specific requirements
- Whether it requires tooling up a new design or machining a custom mounting flange, regardless of volume we will provide you with the perfect solution when you need it.
Exceptional Compression Requirements
Project for an international construction equipment manufacturer required extreme compression requirements due to existing connector designs failing submersion testing.
Amerline started by creating dimensional drawings of the required ferrule shoulder / backshell dimension. Rather than just change the grommet hole size, we proposed an entire backshell solution. Testing the new design was performed in incremental stages (mild to severe conditions) to determine the specific point that the connectors would leak. Ultimately the addition of an extended ferrule and a small step at the end of the backshell created a solution where maximum sealing compression was attained yet the ferrule outside diameter at this section does not bottom out or touch this small shoulder when the backshell is torqued down.
- Our product development strategy follows a detail oriented approach that focuses on all the variables that impact your objective
- When you have a unique application or special requirement, we will be your partner in developing a tested solution
- With an emphasis on extreme compression, your connector will exceed your submersion requirements
Specialty Machined Adapters
A Midwest company specializing in the contract manufacturing of heavy-duty
assemblies for Off-Highway Truck and Construction equipment markets, had finally received production orders from a large new customer. However, the lead time and availability of some specialized reverse bayonet connectors and accessories they quoted for the job, would not make it possible for them to meet the critical due dates required by the customer. The end customer encouraged our partner to source high quality reverse bayonet equivalents and with that, Amerline was on the job.
Work was started by our product development team allowing Amerline to quote and sample equivalent customized gold contact connectors and machined adapters with NPT threads that were designed to seamlessly work with readily available, off the shelf Nylon sealing glands to meet the design requirements. Once we received first article approval, Amerline expedited manufacturing of the needed qty of connectors and adapters, delivering product ahead of schedule for a successful product launch. Our customer preferred the new parts we developed and realized an overall cost savings as well. Working together, an inventory management system was put in place so that Amerline will maintain these critical reverse bayonet parts on the shelf to ship per production schedules with a built-in safety stock to cover any spikes in demand.
- Our adapters provide mechanical strain relief and environmental protection for
- In-house machining capabilities allow us to go from raw stock to finished product to reduce critical lead times and be multifaceted enough to work with numerous industries
- Customized solutions often reduce overall costs by combining or adding functionality shortening time to market
Screw Mounting Special Contacts
A mechanical engineer for a leading power distribution company was having sourcing issues for special custom screw mounted contacts for a heavy-duty reverse bayonet application. Another connector manufacturer had provided samples for prototyping but was not able to support production requirements.
Amerline was able to produce not only the contacts in an expedited manner but was able to reverse engineer the complete connector assembly. By initially tooling up the male and female inserts and machining the contacts and shells, the lead time was cut to a fraction of the time offered as best delivery by the previous connector manufacturer. Even though only the dimensions specific to the threaded feature were provided, our thorough analysis enabled production of an exact equivalent.
- Amerline has built a solid reputation for superior product knowledge and customer service. We make your challenges our own
- We machine customized special contacts for a variety of industries
- We are your short lead time and best cost alternative to OEM electrical components
Custom Backshells / Heat Shrinkable & Overmoldable Endbells
A leading provider of comprehensive tolling and Intelligent Traffic Solutions (ITS) required connector assemblies for some of the world’s most complex and challenging transportation projects. With installations across the globe, only the most environmentally sealed solutions would do.
By combining our in-house designed overmolding tooling with our custom machined backshells and overmoldable endbells, Amerline was able to produce robust overmolded cables that performed in the world’s most demanding applications and exposed to outdoor environments. We create custom backshells that when overmolded are impervious to liquid, surviving the harshest environments with IP ratings up to IP-67 and additional requirements as specified by the customer.
- Decreased human error and improved installation by producing an assembly with visual indications to assist in the mating of each pair of connectors
- We offset costs and delivered ROI by increasing product lifespan and durability
- Amerline’s backshells are compatible with a wide range of Mil-Spec and commercial connectors
- We offer custom solutions and rapid prototyping to build connector backshells that exceed your expectations.
UL HVAC Application w/ Custom Conduit
A world leading provider of custom home comfort solutions and building management systems and controls was looking to streamline and cut costs of chiller installations.
Amerline utilized their own line of UL approved connecters and designed a custom adapter that allowed creation of a premade plug and play conduit assemblies with robust military grade AEC 5015 connectors.
- Different types of conduit can be used when Amerline is providing custom conduit adapters for (HVAC) units
- Installations utilize a combination of liquid tight conduit and flexible conduit which can be customized by Amerline Enterprises
- UL approval is assured with Amerline’s UL connectors and assemblies.
Military 24V to commercial 12V Converter
Towing a commercial trailer with a 12 Volt vehicle can be hard, depending on how many functions you need to operate. The hardest function is the brakes, followed by blinkers, brake lights and turn signals.
Amerline assemblies take power from the tail light circuit, wire #21, and converts it to 12 volts. That 12-volt power is fed into relays that are triggered by wires# 22-460 and 22-461, the left and right stop/turn circuits. The 12 volts from the power converter and relays are fed to a civilian trailer connector. Our customized Converter Cable has a 7-Way RV style trailer connector mounted in a waterproof box and a 6’ 12 pin NATO style cable that plugs directly into any standard military truck’s trailer socket.
- Amerline’s converters produce 12 volts from 24-volt systems and manage dual voltage applications on tactical wheeled vehicles
- We bring solutions to all your NATO and Intervehicular challenges
- Our full NATO military trailer connector has provisions for rear fog lights, right and left side running lights, stop lights (brake lights) reversing lights, brake wear sensor, parking brake employed under loss of air pressure, and lift axle.